From: john on
Background, I am using Centos as a base distro, though I seem to be
getting further and further away from the original install as its seems
to be somewhat/very out of date.
I am not very keen on debian/ubuntu for the server as the developers
there make IMHO "odd" changes to other peoples software, rather than
passing and ideas/patches back to the original developers.
I kept on running into problems relating their package to the original
package/documentation.

I installed Simon Mudd's postfix 2.7 build, however it is missing some
important bits as far as I am concerned, support for Dovecot, sasl,
pcre, tls, and (needed down the road) ldap.

So, taking my courage in both hands I am about to build my own binaries/rpm.

I assume that the source rpm on the postfix site has all the needed patches.

Any advice for someone about to venture into VERY unfamiliar waters. ( a
good tutorial wold be good).

JohnA