From: albert kao on
How to call the tablekit javascript library in jsp?
I downloaded the tablekit javascript library and put it in the js
directory which is in the jsp directory.
i.e. the directory is
C:\workspace\com.mycomp.data.war\WEB-INF\jsp\js
The jsp page is as follows and display correctly with FF and chrome on
Windows Vista.
However, the column of the page is not sorted by clicking on the
column.
i.e. the tablekit javascript library sorting function does not work
on the web page generated by jsp.

style="width:100%;background-color:#FFA69C;border-collapse:
collapse">
<thead>
<h3 style="text-align:center">Data</h3>
<th class="sortfirstdesc" id="data">Data</th>
<th id="message">Message</th>
</thead>
<tbody>
<c:forEach items="${model.datas}" var="data">
</c:forEach>
</tbody>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/prototype.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/fabtabulous.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/tablekit.js"></script>
From: Stevo on
albert kao wrote:
> How to call the tablekit javascript library in jsp?
> i.e. the tablekit javascript library sorting function does not work

You'll be wanting a tablekit forum.
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
albert kao wrote:

> How to call the tablekit javascript library in jsp?

*Please* get yourself informed what JSP is and what it does before you
continue.

Besides, libraries are _not_ called; functions in libraries are.

> <script type="text/javascript"
src="js/prototype.js"></script>
> <script type="text/javascript"
src="js/fabtabulous.js"></script>
> <script type="text/javascript"
src="js/tablekit.js"></script>

OMG.

And *please* stop crossposting until you got that minimum clue. TIA.

PointedEars
From: Scott Sauyet on
On Feb 3, 10:07 am, albert kao <albertk...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> How to call the tablekit  javascript library in jsp?
> I downloaded the tablekit  javascript library and put it in the js
> directory which is in the jsp directory.
> i.e. the directory is
> C:\workspace\com.mycomp.data.war\WEB-INF\jsp\js

This might be your problem. In my experience, resources like scripts
or images should be placed relative to the web application's root
directory, in your case, the JS should probably be in,

C:\workspace\com.mycomp.data.war\js

HTH,

-- Scott
From: Lew on

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> *Please* get yourself informed what JSP is and what it does before you
> continue.

There's no problem with the OP in that regard. One can, and often does embed
Javascript in a JSP, wherein it becomes part of the generated HTML. You have
no basis to your objection there.

One calls Javascript libraries from JSP in exactly the way one does from HTML.

Well, there are component frameworks like JSF that automagically generate
Javascript for some of their functionality, but here we're talking about the
application-specific JS that would be present regardless.

> Besides, libraries are _not_ called; functions in libraries are.

Yeesh. And people call me picky. To say that one "calls a library" is to say
colloquially that one calls methods from that library. Take a chill pill.

albert kao wrote:
>> <script type="text/javascript"
> src="js/prototype.js"></script>
>> <script type="text/javascript"
> src="js/fabtabulous.js"></script>
>> <script type="text/javascript"
> src="js/tablekit.js"></script>

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> OMG.

Yes? You rang?

> And *please* stop crossposting until you got [sic] that minimum clue.

There was a good reason why the OP cross-posted. It's not like they
multi-posted.

You should stop whining until you get that minimum clue.

--
Lew