From: 1jam on
Hi, for reference:

http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/MC1496-D.PDF

Can I run this chip with an 80MHz carrier? I'm trying, but the output is
very weak. The datasheet isn't clear to me. thanks!
From: whit3rd on
On Aug 2, 10:12 pm, 1jam <c...(a)example.net> wrote:

> http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/MC1496-D.PDF
>
> Can I run this chip with an 80MHz carrier? I'm trying, but the output is
> very weak. The datasheet isn't clear to me. thanks!

It should work. Gain might be low, though.
Is your DC bias correct? For normal operation, the two ports
and the current source must be biased at three different
DC levels (about 3V spacing, so the Vcc has to be 10V or more).

Other Gilbert cell chips, like HFA3101, might be better at this
relatively high frequency.