From: MowGreen on
UniqueWorks4Me wrote:
> I have what appears to be a similar problem.
> Have Dell based WIndows Media Version of XP.
> Update says I am OK with latest software to download.
> Whatever I download, (at XP /2) it downloads and then says
> "some upgrades failed to install" and list all of the upgrades.
> No explanation.
> I addedhttp://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/ to trusted sites.
> No change.
> This is gal friends's computer, new to me.
> Runs like a woof, woof. No wonder.
> 77 upgrades and security fixes waiting.

Pick one:

You cannot install some updates or programs
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

You cannot install updates from Windows Update, Microsoft Update, or by
using Automatic Update after a repair install of Windows XP or after you
install Windows XP SP3 immediately after a clean install of Windows XP SP2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Got Malware ? Run the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en

or, see if the system can be scanned here -

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com