From: Uwe Conradi on
Hello everybody,
I work with VS 2008 on the Windows 7. MS SQL Server 2008 Express is
installed on the machine as well as SQL Server CE 3.5 SP1.
In the machine.config there is an entry:
<add name="Microsoft SQL Server Compact Data Provider"
invariant="System.Data.SqlServerCe.3.5" description=".NET Framework Data
Provider for Microsoft SQL Server Compact"
type="System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeProviderFactory, System.Data.SqlServerCe,
Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91"/></DbProviderFactories>
The application is running, but the editing in the data designer is not
possible. It comes the message:
cannot obtain provider factory for data provider named
'microsoft.sqlserverce.client3.5'
If I try to add the new data connection the server ce is not in the list.
What to do?
Thanks for your suggestions!
Uwe