From: childofthe1980s on
Hello:

This Vista user has Office 2007. For the past two weeks, he has been unable
to open .xls files in Outlook. I have tried everything from newsgroups out
on the net. No luck. And, yes, I tried clearing that box in Excel Options
that says to ignore....(DDE). No effect.

Also, I tried to fix this by changing that setting about save the files in
the .xls format. No luck.

The error message says "Cannot create file.....".

We have, also, cleared temp folders.

HELP!

childofthe1980s
From: childofthe1980s on
disregard....here's the answer:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305982/en-us

Basically, the same remed works for each version.