From: mw on
Users on our exchange server 2007 cannot send email to hotmail or windows
live accounts. We get the following message.

SNT0-MC1-F42.Snt0.hotmail.com #550 SC-002 Mail rejected by Windows Live
Hotmail for policy reasons. The mail server IP connecting to Windows Live
Hotmail has exhibited namespace mining behavior. If you are not an
email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for
help. Email/network admins, please visit http://postmaster.live.com for email
delivery information and support ##

From: John Oliver, Jr. [MVP] on
Are you using a Static IP? Are you using a Smarthost? Please perform DNS
report at www.dnsstuff.com to see if it passes all tests. This includes
Reverse DNS Lookup Record, Spam Database Lookup, etc.

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:45:01 -0700, mw <mw(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Users on our exchange server 2007 cannot send email to hotmail or windows
>live accounts. We get the following message.
>
>SNT0-MC1-F42.Snt0.hotmail.com #550 SC-002 Mail rejected by Windows Live
>Hotmail for policy reasons. The mail server IP connecting to Windows Live
>Hotmail has exhibited namespace mining behavior. If you are not an
>email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for
>help. Email/network admins, please visit http://postmaster.live.com for email
>delivery information and support ##

I suppose that could mean that you've sent too many undeliverable
messages to addresses at those domains. Or it might be that your
server is being exploited to send junk e-mail to addresses that don't
exist in those domains.

Do you reject RCPT TO commands with addresses that don't exist in your
domain (i.e. have you enabled recipient filtering)?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP