From: Meshbah Uddin Ahmed on
Hi,

I am using postfix as mta and dovecot for pop in debian box. we are
experiencing duplicate mail receiving problem on some accounts. during that
time, if we run *mailq* we found the following output (e.g our xyz user)

cannot update mailbox /var/mail/xyz. for user xyz. unable to lock for
exclusive access: Resource temporarily unavailable

pls help us, how can we resolve it.

Regards-
Meshbah
From: Bas Mevissen on
On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 19:38 +0600, Meshbah Uddin Ahmed wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using postfix as mta and dovecot for pop in debian box. we are
> experiencing duplicate mail receiving problem on some accounts. during
> that time, if we run mailq we found the following output (e.g our xyz
> user)
>
> cannot update mailbox /var/mail/xyz. for user xyz. unable to lock for
> exclusive access: Resource temporarily unavailable

What is the size of /var/mail/xyz?

Bas.

From: Meshbah Uddin Ahmed on
Actually it is not happen only on xyz user. although size of the mailbox is
8mb. FYI, if i stop dovecot service and run *postfix flush* then all mails
are successfully send to the mailbox. after that i need to start dovecot
service.

Regards-
Mehsbah

From: Bas Mevissen on
On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 11:18 +0600, Meshbah Uddin Ahmed wrote:
> Actually it is not happen only on xyz user. although size of the
> mailbox is 8mb. FYI, if i stop dovecot service and run postfix flush
> then all mails are successfully send to the mailbox. after that i need
> to start dovecot service.

Some time ago, I had problems with the e-mail due to postfix calling
ulimit() that limited the size of files to exactly 5120000 bytes. SA's
whitelist exceeded that size and ran into trouble. So I tried to figure
out whether you had a similar problem.

Sorry, I cannot help you any further here.

Bas.