From: Jerry on
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 08:35:32 -0400, Daniel L'Hommedieu
<dlhommedieu(a)gmail.com> articulated:

> > Why not just use port 587? You will have to configure SASL, etc;
> > however, once done it should work just fine. That is how I do it.
>
> Jerry,
>
> For me that wasn't a workable solution, since many of the recipients,
> of messages sent from my server, are on servers that use technology
> such as the zen spamhaus list, which blocks email sent from dynamic
> ranges. This ends up blocking my mail anyway, so I just relay.

My original message in this thread was sent exactly like I stated. We
might be talking about two different things here, or else I am not
fully understanding you. I am using: "sender_dependent_relayhost_maps"
to accomplish what want. It is only a small network so there are only
50 or so users whose status remains static thereby easing the problem
of keeping the listing current.

--
Jerry
postfix-user(a)seibercom.net

Waste not fresh tears over old griefs.

Euripides

From: mouss on
Jeff Lacki a �crit :
> [snip] My server relays through my ISP.

you say you're relaying through your ISP.

> [snip]
I tried commenting out the relay_host line so it would go
> directly to gmail and I got:
>
> Apr 5 22:33:01 myserver postfix/smtp[27160]: connect to alt3.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[209.85.218.17]:25: Connection timed out

yet you show a timeout with gmail. is gmail your ISP?