From: MikeF on

Need to sum columns x,y,z on another sheet by criteria on the original sheet.

So sum columns x,y,z from sheet Detail --- 100 rows, x1:z100 - the sum
range.

Via criteria range on sheet Detail - a1:a100

Where the Detail sheet row matches [lookup?] criteria on sheet Summary k12.

Have looked at it too long!

Thanx,
- Mike

From: ryguy7272 on
Look at this:

Sometimes that site gives me annoying popup messages; no idea why. Anyway,
it is a great resource. Also, look at this:
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#SumProduct

If you can't figure it out after reading that material, post back with a
very SPECIFIC example of what you're doing. I can think of a few things, but
I can't tell for sure what you need.

--
Ryan---

From: Wouter HM on
Hi Mike,

As far As I know you can use the SUMIF worksheet function.

In the cell you want the result use

=SUMIF(Detail!A1:A100,Summary!K12,Detail!X1:X100)+SUMIF(Detail!
A1:A100,Summary!K12,Detail!Y1:Y100)+SUMIF(Detail!A1:A100,Summary!
K12,Detail!Z1:Z100)

This is a single formule, adding 3 SUMIG results.

HTH,

Wouter