From: david on
> name..now it is Sheet1. We just did a software update, that is why there
> has been a change)

Because Excel changed. (A very long time ago) The old software
created an old type of Excel spreadsheet: the new software creates
a spreadsheet using a newer Excel format.

And when I was working on stuff like this, we had to support all
variations for import or export, so we had to support both named
sheets and "Sheet1".

And I thought it was pretty skanky.

But don't blame your supplier: blame MS.

Anyway. CHECK FIRST.

IMPORT the new sheet as a link, and CHECK the new link
to see what the correct link looks like.

If the linked table manager won't work correctly, it is possible
to use code (there is sample code) to modify the links, but
in your case it would probably more work than just re-creating
and re-naming the links.

As a matter of practice, I very seldom used linked tables
for spreadsheets: I more often used linked queries. Using
a linked query, you can change to SQL view and modify
the connection string by hand.

(david)