From: Microsoft Communities on
I need to change my screen size and changing the resolution does not do it
enough. It is at the lowest setting and the desktop is still off the screen.
It is very large.

How can I change the size to fit the screen.

From: Shenan Stanley on
Microsoft Communities wrote:
> I need to change my screen size and changing the resolution does
> not do it enough. It is at the lowest setting and the desktop is
> still off the screen. It is very large.
>
> How can I change the size to fit the screen.

Get a new computer?

Get a new monitor?
- Is it as *wide screen* monitor?

Essentially - depending on what you have - the answer will be different.
Providing some details would more than help your cause. What type of
computer is it (desktop or laptop?) What size monitor is it? According to
the documentation that came with the computer/monitor - what resolution is
the montior's native resolution?

Dependent on your hardware - some resolutions may just *not work*. There
may be no adjustment possible - they just don't work.

You can set the monitor to it's native resolution and change the DPI and
other things to make things larger - this usually results in the best
results.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Twayne on
In news:79C24A11-06BE-42B5-A6DB-A6F15D713B2E(a)microsoft.com,
Microsoft Communities <ed(a)danverssoftware.com> typed:
> I need to change my screen size and changing the resolution does not
> do it enough. It is at the lowest setting and the desktop is still
> off the screen. It is very large.
>
> How can I change the size to fit the screen.

Making the resolution HIGHER will make the display smaller! It sounds like
you're changing the resolution in the wrong direction. Resolution is the
number of pixels the screen can show so if the screen is too big to see, you
make it show more pixels; increase the resolution. Make sense?
Once you get it so it fits on the screen it might have dark bars on the
top or sides. If so, look at your video card for settings to fit wide
screens and non-wide screens. Choose accordingly.

We've already reached
tomorrow's yesterday
but we're still far away from
yesterday's tomorrow.

From: Twayne on
In news:OWNat8jhKHA.5144(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
Shenan Stanley <newshelper(a)gmail.com> typed:
> Microsoft Communities wrote:
>> I need to change my screen size and changing the resolution does
>> not do it enough. It is at the lowest setting and the desktop is
>> still off the screen. It is very large.
>>
>> How can I change the size to fit the screen.
>
> Get a new computer?
>
> Get a new monitor?
> - Is it as *wide screen* monitor?
>
> Essentially - depending on what you have - the answer will be
> different. Providing some details would more than help your cause. What
> type of computer is it (desktop or laptop?) What size monitor
> is it? According to the documentation that came with the
> computer/monitor - what resolution is the montior's native resolution?
>
> Dependent on your hardware - some resolutions may just *not work*. There
> may be no adjustment possible - they just don't work.
>
> You can set the monitor to it's native resolution and change the DPI
> and other things to make things larger - this usually results in the
> best results.

Agreed; ofen if you turn on the monitor with the computer OFF, the monitor
will display the preferred resolution for it for a few seconds. IF not,
check the docs for the video card.

Twayne
We've already reached
tomorrow's yesterday
but we're still far away from
yesterday's tomorrow.

From: VanguardLH on
Microsoft Communities wrote:

> I need to change my screen size and changing the resolution does not do it
> enough. It is at the lowest setting and the desktop is still off the screen.
> It is very large.
>
> How can I change the size to fit the screen.

And what happened when you used the sizing control on the monitor itself?