From: Ry Nohryb on
On Jul 27, 9:59 am, Karl Tikjøb Krukow <karl.kru...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Additional questions on attribution:
>
> - Did Cornford or Crockford invent the module pattern?

I used to doubt it before, but when you dig into the c.l.js. archive
starting @ the beginning of 2003 you see that he's been -certainly- a
pioneer of that pattern. He posted quite often and a bunch of
variations on the topic, and it's obvious that he had the feeling and
excitement of whom is inventing/discovering something different, like
a new and unknown piece of JS programming.
--
Jorge.
From: Karl Tikjøb Krukow on
On 27/07/10 09.59, Karl Tikj�b Krukow wrote:
> I am preparing an introductory course on JavaScript for the place I work
> at. As part of the course, I would like present some of the common
> knowledge and generally accepted advice of this group, since it is not
> commonly known and it should guide them in the right direction.
>
> (A small) part of this is on general purpose libraries. I've exported
> the slides as a set of html documents which can be found here:
>
> <http://higher-order.net/courses/05-js-libraries.html>
>
> I would appreciate feedback from the group. Remember that this is an
> introductory course to it should be kept to basics and generally
> accepted statements.

I've had so much interesting feedback that I've chosen to publish also
the slides on the "basic language constructs" hoping for interest and
advice.

<http://higher-order.net/courses/02/02_basic_language_constructs.html>

Karl.
From: Karl Tikjøb Krukow on
On 29/07/10 07.04, Karl Tikj�b Krukow wrote:
[snip]

> I've had so much interesting feedback that I've chosen to publish
> also the slides on the "basic language constructs" hoping for
> interest and advice.

OT: do you see my lines wrapping at 72 chars? I've just upgraded to the
newest thunderbird (from the 2.x branch to 3.x) and it seems to have
dropped support for wrapping lines :(

Karl.
From: Karl Tikjøb Krukow on
On 29/07/10 07.08, Karl Tikj�b Krukow wrote:
> On 29/07/10 07.04, Karl Tikj�b Krukow wrote:
> [snip]
>
>> I've had so much interesting feedback that I've chosen to publish
>> also the slides on the "basic language constructs" hoping for
>> interest and advice.
>
> OT: do you see my lines wrapping at 72 chars? I've just upgraded to the
> newest thunderbird (from the 2.x branch to 3.x) and it seems to have
> dropped support for wrapping lines :(
>
> Karl.

Looks like I have to explicitly select "Rewrap" :(