From: Novice Lee on
Hello,

I have a module that sorts data for me. part of the code opens a source file
then saves it to another directory with todays date and adds a number to it
it there is another file with that same name.
my question is how can i close the save as file,

Thanks
From: FSt1 on
hi
the saved file should be the active file so add a line of code to the macro.
ActiveWorkbook.Close

this assumes no changes were made to the saved file. if changes were made,
then it needs to be saved again.
ActiveWorkbook.Close True

regards
FSt1