From: Jeff on
Hi All,
Please help me with the VBA to Allow Insert Hyperlinks from an unlocked cell
in a protected sheet.

The worksheet is protected and all cells are unlocked. It has code to lock
rows as a Final cell is changed to Yes. I also have code in ThisWorkbook that
hides columns based on current user. What happens is, in the course of
opening the file, the Allow Insert Hyperlinks is set to not checked,
regardless of its status when the file is saved. So I need to add code to set
Allow Insert Hyperlink to Yes. To make it clearer, below is the process:
ThisWorkbook
>gets current user
>unprotects worksheet
>unhides all columns
>hides columns (based on current user)
>>>needs to set Allow Insert Hyperlinks<<<
>protects sheet
Thanks for any help.
Jeff
From: Ryan H on
This code will protect the activesheet and allow inserting of hyperlinks.

ActiveSheet.Protect Password:= "password", AllowInsertingHyperlinks:=True

If you want to test if AllowInsertingHyperlinks is true run this code.

If ActiveSheet.Protection.AllowInsertingHyperlinks = True Then
Msgbox "AllowInsertingHyperlinks = True"
End If

Read the VBA help on "Allow Hyperlinks". Hope this helps! If so, let me
know, click "YES" below.

--
Cheers,
Ryan