From: Paul E. Black on
We are beginning the third Static Analysis Tool Exposition (SATE).
Briefly, participating tool makers run their tool on a set of programs.
Researchers led by NIST analyze the tool reports. The results and
experiences are reported at a workshop. The tool reports and analysis
are made publicly available later.

The draft plan (including a summary of proposed changes since last
year) is at

http://samate.nist.gov/SATE2010.html

In particular, we plan to provide the test sets by 28 June, and to
hold a workshop on 1 October.

We would appreciate any critique and suggestions regarding the plan.

To makers of static analysis tools,

If you are interested in participating (this is not a commitment),
please contact Vadim Okun <vadim.okun(a)nist.gov> or Aurelien Delaitre
<aurelien.delaitre(a)nist.gov>. We will inform you of further details
regarding participation.

Sincerely,
-paul-
--
Paul E. Black (p.black(a)acm.org) 100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8970
paul.black(a)nist.gov Gaithersburg, Maryland 20899-8970