From: Keith G Hicks on
How do I do this?

I need to set up some command line scripts to install printers for
Ghostscript. I'm tired of doing it manually on every machine. For my needs I
need a local port called "C:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" Please don't
bother me with a bunch of "why"s. It's what I need for this.

The following runs great if the port already exists.

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /f "C:\Program
Files\gs\gs8.64\lib\ghostpdf.inf" /r "c:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps"
/m "Ghostscript PDF" /b "Ghostscript PS"

But if not, then it generates an error. I need to know how to add a new
local port. Can anyone help?

I also need to know how to set the new printer so it prints directly to the
printer. There's a radio button for this in the new printer wizard but no
switch for it that I can see in rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry

Thanks,

Keith

From: Greg Russell on
"Keith G Hicks" <krh(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

> For my needs I need a local port called
> "C:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" ...
> How do I do this? ... I need to know how to add a new
> local port. Can anyone help?

You might check to see if the standard prnport.vbs meets your needs. Its
usage is described at
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5030819.html and other
places.

Although it addresses a standard TCP/IP port, you seem clever enough to test
its functionality with the file port you need.

From: Jose on
On Mar 11, 1:56 pm, "Keith G Hicks" <k...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> How do I do this?
>
> I need to set up some command line scripts to install printers for
> Ghostscript. I'm tired of doing it manually on every machine. For my needs I
> need a local port called "C:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps"  Please don't
> bother me with a bunch of "why"s. It's what I need for this.
>
> The following runs great if the port already exists.
>
> rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /f "C:\Program
> Files\gs\gs8.64\lib\ghostpdf.inf" /r "c:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps"
> /m "Ghostscript PDF" /b "Ghostscript PS"
>
> But if not, then it generates an error. I need to know how to add a new
> local port. Can anyone help?
>
> I also need to know how to set the new printer so it prints directly to the
> printer. There's a radio button for this in the new printer wizard but no
> switch for it that I can see in rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith

What does the error message say when it fails to work as desired?
From: Keith G Hicks on
Doesn't seem to work. I tried several variations on that and dont' end up
with a "local port" in the ports listing. The Prnport.vbs script requires an
IP address.

Also, for anyone that might be interested in this in the future,
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5030819.html oddly enough
does not show all the switches for these functions. You're better off going
to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490975.aspx or one of the
other 5 related ones if you need good info on them.

From: Keith G Hicks on
"Operation could not be completed. The specified port is unknown."

(and changing the printer to print directly wihtout spooling was solved with
prncnfg.vbs)

"Jose" <jose_ease(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Mar 11, 1:56 pm, "Keith G Hicks" <k...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> How do I do this?
>
> I need to set up some command line scripts to install printers for
> Ghostscript. I'm tired of doing it manually on every machine. For my needs
> need a local port called "C:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps" Please
> don't
> bother me with a bunch of "why"s. It's what I need for this.
>
> The following runs great if the port already exists.
>
> rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /f "C:\Program
> Files\gs\gs8.64\lib\ghostpdf.inf" /r "c:\Program Files\gs\output\tfile.ps"
> /m "Ghostscript PDF" /b "Ghostscript PS"
>
> But if not, then it generates an error. I need to know how to add a new
> local port. Can anyone help?
>
> I also need to know how to set the new printer so it prints directly to
> the
> printer. There's a radio button for this in the new printer wizard but no
> switch for it that I can see in rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith

What does the error message say when it fails to work as desired?

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: XP Only Re Boots
Next: Missing INF File