From: VK on
I am reposting it from my own post of 2006
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript/msg/7b2a3100608da41e

comp.lang.javascript FAQ - April 1996
http://jsnet.sourceforge.net/tmp/clj_1996.htm

This is the very first comp.lang.javascript FAQ originally located and
supported at
http://www.freqgrafx.com/411/jsfaq.html
(the page doesn't exist anymore).

The version of April 1996 retrieved grace to the support of the
Wayback Machine team <http://web.archive.org>

This FAQ page was collected and supported by Andy Augustine, who was
the very first c.l.j. FAQ maintainer. The posting of this FAQ document
in c.l.j. started April 1996, 3 months after the newsgroup appeared -
and continued until November 1996.

In my "comp.lang.javascript FAQ question"
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript/msg/8954de60cffe6dab
I named Gordon McComb as the first FAQ maintainer - this error was
caused by the lack of the original documents. He was the second :-)

This is a verbatim copy of the obtained document with the following
editorial changes:

1) Because of the cardinally changed support of XMP tag in the modern
browsers - namely a lack of such - the "original intended look" was
restored using PRE tag.

2) External links leading to vanished resources were gray out with not-
allowed cursor style (the links themselves are preserved).

One may get some nostalgic pleasure of reading - I did :-)