From: Delya on
Hi
I have simple question
I have 2 coumns A and B
A1 is text and B1 is numbers and so on.. depending of B columns numbers , i
want colums C to show alway lowest numbers on top, but also text
like if A1,B1 is Mike 29
then A2,B2 is Josh 34, then column C shows Mike 29 but on top, not as a
secon row..
From: Dave Peterson on
Couldn't you just sort by column B in ascending order and leave the data right
where it is?

If that's not ok, how about an alternative?

I'd add a new column C.

Then use a formula like this in C1:

=text(a1,"000")&"-"&b1
and drag down.

You'd see:

029-Mike

Then I'd sort the entire range (A:C) by column C.

ps. Since this formula in column C returns text, you'll have to use the format
in the =text() portion to make sure that all the digits are showing -- use the
worse case scenario.

--

Dave Peterson
From: excelent on
=INDEX(A1:A40,MATCH(MIN(B1:B40),B1:B40,0))&" "&MIN(B1:B40)