From: dirknbr on
I want to compile as an exe using py2exe but the function should take
arguments. How would I do this? Currently my exe runs (no errors) but
nothing happens.

From: Martin P. Hellwig on
On 06/28/10 11:18, dirknbr wrote:
> I want to compile as an exe using py2exe but the function should take
> arguments. How would I do this? Currently my exe runs (no errors) but
> nothing happens.

I am not sure if I understand your question correctly, have you used a
module like optparse and it doesn't do anything? It works for me the
last time I used it.

--
mph
From: dirknbr on
On Jun 28, 11:26 am, "Martin P. Hellwig" <martin.hell...(a)dcuktec.org>
wrote:
> On 06/28/10 11:18, dirknbr wrote:
>
> > I want to compile as an exe using py2exe but the function should take
> > arguments. How would I do this? Currently my exe runs (no errors) but
> > nothing happens.
>
> I am not sure if I understand your question correctly, have you used a
> module like optparse and it doesn't do anything? It works for me the
> last time I used it.
>
> --
> mph

Aha that might be it, I had a look at http://docs.python.org/library/optparse.html
How do you integrate (options, args) = parser.parse_args()
with our function?
From: dirknbr on
On Jun 28, 11:40 am, dirknbr <dirk...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 28, 11:26 am, "Martin P. Hellwig" <martin.hell...(a)dcuktec.org>
> wrote:
>
> > On 06/28/10 11:18, dirknbr wrote:
>
> > > I want to compile as an exe using py2exe but the function should take
> > > arguments. How would I do this? Currently my exe runs (no errors) but
> > > nothing happens.
>
> > I am not sure if I understand your question correctly, have you used a
> > module like optparse and it doesn't do anything? It works for me the
> > last time I used it.
>
> > --
> > mph
>
> Aha that might be it, I had a look athttp://docs.python.org/library/optparse.html
> How do you integrate (options, args) = parser.parse_args()
> with our function?

Ok I had a look at this now http://wiki.python.org/moin/OptParse and
got it.