From: phil2627 on
Does anyone have a way to limit concurrent logins besides using
limitlogin ? We tried installing limitlogin, but during the AD setup
we kept getting "The remote server returned an error: (404) Nout
found. We have 4,000 users and a program like UserLock or Limit
Logins would cost us $8,000 at least. Thanks.

From: phil2627 on
On Jun 12, 3:12 pm, phil2...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Does anyone have a way to limit concurrent logins besides using
> limitlogin ? We tried installing limitlogin, but during the AD setup
> we kept getting "The remote server returned an error: (404) Nout
> found. We have 4,000 users and a program like UserLock or Limit
> Logins would cost us $8,000 at least. Thanks.

I will post in another forum, thanks.

From: Brandon McCombs on
phil2627(a)gmail.com wrote:
> On Jun 12, 3:12 pm, phil2...(a)gmail.com wrote:
>> Does anyone have a way to limit concurrent logins besides using
>> limitlogin ? We tried installing limitlogin, but during the AD setup
>> we kept getting "The remote server returned an error: (404) Nout
>> found. We have 4,000 users and a program like UserLock or Limit
>> Logins would cost us $8,000 at least. Thanks.
>
> I will post in another forum, thanks.

At work I accomplished this by creating a new attribute that stores
string values and added it as an optional value to the user object class
in the schema. I then created 2 VB scripts: 1 for logon and 1 for
logoff. During login the hostname of the machine is set as the value of
the new attribute and it also checks to see if the value of that
attribute is empty or if it is non-empty. If it is non-empty the user is
already logged on somewhere, else it sets the value to the current
machine's hostname. The logoff script will clear that value so the user
looks to be logged off. This costs nothing but a little bit of time.

You can even configure this to allow a certain number of concurrent
logons by getting the current value of the new attribute and appending
the current machine hostname and separate each hostname with a space.
You split the string using a space as a delimiter and you can determine
how many concurrent logins the user currently is using.

hth
Brandon