From: shanti bhushan on
I want to update the configuration file for python server ,but i am
not able to locate the python configuration file.
Please guide me in this respect.

I am using a python web server
This is the code for it

import string,cgi,time
from os import curdir, sep
from BaseHTTPServer import BaseHTTPRequestHandler, HTTPServer
#import pri
class MyHandler(BaseHTTPRequestHandler):
def do_GET(self):
try:
if self.path.endswith(".html"):
f = open(curdir + sep + self.path) #self.path has /
test.html
#note that this potentially makes every file on your computer readable
by the internet
self.send_response(200)
self.send_header('Content-type', 'text/html')
self.end_headers()
self.wfile.write(f.read())
f.close()
return
if self.path.endswith(".esp"): #our dynamic content
self.send_response(200)
self.send_header('Content-type', 'text/html')
self.end_headers()
self.wfile.write("hey, today is the" +
str(time.localtime()[7]))
self.wfile.write(" day in the year " +
str(time.localtime()[0]))
return

return

except IOError:
self.send_error(404,'File Not Found: %s' % self.path)

def do_POST(self):
global rootnode
try:
ctype, pdict =
cgi.parse_header(self.headers.getheader('content-type'))
if ctype == 'multipart/form-data':
query=cgi.parse_multipart(self.rfile, pdict)
self.send_response(301)

self.end_headers()
upfilecontent = query.get('upfile')
print "filecontent", upfilecontent[0]
self.wfile.write("<HTML>POST OK.<BR><BR>");
self.wfile.write(upfilecontent[0]);

except :
pass
def main():
try:
server = HTTPServer(('', 80), MyHandler)
print 'started httpserver...'
server.serve_forever()
except KeyboardInterrupt:
print '^C received, shutting down server'
server.socket.close()
if __name__ == '__main__':
main()

sample Configuration file for Apache server

<VirtualHost *>
ServerAdmin webmaster(a)localhost
DocumentRoot /var/www/
<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<Directory /var/www/>
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
allow from all
# This directive allows us to have apache2's default
start page
# in /apache2-default/, but still have / go to the
right place
#RedirectMatch ^/$ /apache2-default/
</Directory>

From: David Zaslavsky on
On Monday 14 June 2010 6:19:33 am shanti bhushan wrote:
> I want to update the configuration file for python server ,but i am
> not able to locate the python configuration file.
What configuration file? I don't see anything in your code that reads a
configuration file.

:) David
From: shanti bhushan on
On Jun 15, 5:53 am, David Zaslavsky <diaz...(a)ellipsix.net> wrote:
> On Monday 14 June 2010 6:19:33 am shanti bhushan wrote:> I want to update the configuration file for python server ,but i am
> > not able to locate the python configuration file.
>
> What configuration file? I don't see anything in your code that reads a
> configuration file.
>
> :) David

like this code
<VirtualHost *>
ServerAdmin webmaster(a)localhost
DocumentRoot /var/www/
<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<Directory /var/www/>
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
allow from all
# This directive allows us to have apache2's default
start page
# in /apache2-default/, but still have / go to the
right place
#RedirectMatch ^/$ /apache2-default/
</Directory>
for apache we can configure the apache server.
do we have some configuration file for python server??
if yes please tell me which configuration file should be used
From: shanti bhushan on
On Jun 15, 5:53 am, David Zaslavsky <diaz...(a)ellipsix.net> wrote:
> On Monday 14 June 2010 6:19:33 am shanti bhushan wrote:> I want to update the configuration file for python server ,but i am
> > not able to locate the python configuration file.
>
> What configuration file? I don't see anything in your code that reads a
> configuration file.
>
> :) David

next thing is i want to know which python server will have this option
of configuration file.
From: Stephen Hansen on
On 6/14/10 8:30 PM, shanti bhushan wrote:
> On Jun 15, 5:53 am, David Zaslavsky <diaz...(a)ellipsix.net> wrote:
>> On Monday 14 June 2010 6:19:33 am shanti bhushan wrote:> I want to update the configuration file for python server ,but i am
>>> not able to locate the python configuration file.
>>
>> What configuration file? I don't see anything in your code that reads a
>> configuration file.
>>
>> :) David
>
> next thing is i want to know which python server will have this option
> of configuration file.

Your questions aren't making any sense.

What configuration file? What even *is* a "python server"? What are you
trying to configure or accomplish?

Python is a programming language. It has no configuration (except
certain environment variables).

A "server" can certainly be written in Python. Or a server (Apache, and
the like) can be configured to use Python to serve dynamic content in
various ways (from obsolete, like CGI, to fast cgi, to mod_python, to
the latest fad, mod_wsgi).

More information is required for us to help you.

--

Stephen Hansen
... Also: Ixokai