From: jweinberger on
Hi:

I have been unable to find a solution for this (please forgive me if
it's simple and I've missed it).

I am trying to set up mailman as a relay from postfix (the domains
assigned to mailman lists are to become relay domains). I know I can
set it up as local: with the pipes in the aliases file, but I'd like
to get relay domains working in any case, and I can't seem to do it.

I would appreciate any help, advice or direction, and if there's any
information I have not included here, please ask - I'll do my best to
provide it.

Here's the error I get when the message deilvery is attempted.

Dec 11 21:33:51 s postfix/qmgr[61807]: warning: connect to transport
mysql: No such file or directory
Dec 11 21:33:51 s postfix/qmgr[61807]: warning: connect to transport
retry: No such file or directory

snip from my main.cf:

mynetworks_style=subnet

relay_domains=$mydestination, mysql:/etc/postfix/
mysql_relay_domain_maps.cf
relay_recipient_maps=mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_relay_recipient_maps.cf
relay_transport=mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_relay_transport_maps.cf

virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/
mysql_virtual_mailbox_maps.cf
virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/
mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf

transport_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_transport_maps.cf
virtual_transport = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_transport_maps.cf

I've also tried this with:

relay_recipient_maps=

with the same result

the mysql maps look like:

mysql_relay_domain_maps.cf

user = xxxxx
password = xxxxx
hosts = localhost, 127.0.0.1
dbname = xxxxx
query = SELECT 'OK' FROM domain WHERE domain='%d' AND type='relay'

mysql_relay_recipient_maps.cf

user = xxxxx
password = xxxxx
hosts = localhost, 127.0.0.1
dbname = xxxxx
query = SELECT 'OK' FROM domain WHERE domain='%d' AND type='relay'

(with the goal of saying it's ok to relay anything in that domain)

mysql_relay_transport_maps.cf

user = xxxxx
password = xxxxx
hosts = localhost, 127.0.0.1
dbname = xxxxx
query = SELECT transport FROM domain WHERE domain='%d' AND
type='relay'

when I execute these queries (filiing in the domain by hand for %d)
manually, they produce the right results and the right transport is
selected.

mysql_virtual_transport_maps.cf

user = xxxx
password = xxxx
hosts = localhost, 127.0.0.1
dbname = xxxx
query = SELECT transport FROM domain WHERE domain='%d' AND
type='virtual'

The very interesting thing is that it all works fine if I go into my
MySQL table and make this one domain I am testing a virtual domain
rather than a relay domain (and specify the mailman: transport - it
works fine) I also use dspam and maildrop as transports and they work
fine (for virtual domains)

I have checked the permissions on the .cf files and they are all
readable. I have no issues with the virtual domains, only with the
relay domains.

I am running Postfix 2.5.2 on Mac OS/x 10.5.5 (client)

I'm sure I'm leaving something out, so please ask.

Any help is appreciated!!
From: Cydrome Leader on
jweinberger <jeff(a)jeffweinberger.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> mysql_virtual_transport_maps.cf
>
> user = xxxx
> password = xxxx
> hosts = localhost, 127.0.0.1
> dbname = xxxx
> query = SELECT transport FROM domain WHERE domain='%d' AND
> type='virtual'
>
> The very interesting thing is that it all works fine if I go into my
> MySQL table and make this one domain I am testing a virtual domain
> rather than a relay domain (and specify the mailman: transport - it
> works fine) I also use dspam and maildrop as transports and they work
> fine (for virtual domains)
>
> I have checked the permissions on the .cf files and they are all
> readable. I have no issues with the virtual domains, only with the
> relay domains.
>
> I am running Postfix 2.5.2 on Mac OS/x 10.5.5 (client)
>
> I'm sure I'm leaving something out, so please ask.

The problem is you're not using a real computer.