From: Gary Smith on
As covered, the pipe probably isn't what I want to do. Looking into the advanced content filter, these seems two paths; execute a script as a process from postfix (spawn) or setup a simple proxy indepdenent of postfix. Either one would probably work.

In either case, spawn or proxy, is it possible to pass the sasl_username forward? I don't need to know the full credentials, just the username associated if there is one. I know using the pipe method there are several things that it can do that it appears the other two can't, or am I just reading it wrong.

I did look into xforward but it doesn't seem to pass the sasl_username.

Gary-

From: Gary Smith on
> Just make sure to close stdout and stderr, to avoid writing garbage
> into the pipe between Postfix and the filter, used to collect filter
> error messages.
>
> With this level of complexity, you really should use the advanced (SMTP)
> filter approach not pipe(8) based filters.

Viktor/Weitse,

After spending the last couple evenings looking at options to replace the filter, I have managed to kludge together a working sample in my development environment and it definitely looks more promising than the filter without adding too much complexity to the development process.

I was actually surprised to how quickly, given some sample code out there, it was to put in place an smtp proxy.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the direction.

Gary-

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: back-scatter