From: steveu on
>This question is for the elderly
>Back in late 60's or early 70's there was a cartoon
>
>Client wanted a swing
>Client envisioned tree branch, rope, old tire
>
>Cartoon depicted
> What sales sold
> What engineering designed
> What OSHA required
> What etc etc etc ...
>
>I need a WEB reference.
>[Just signed a contract - intended to replace 2 windows and lower
>kitchen sink to ADA height - predicted cost approaching $20k ;/

google "cartoon swing set" and try the first entry.

Steve

From: Richard Owlett on
steveu wrote:
>> This question is for the elderly
>> Back in late 60's or early 70's there was a cartoon
>>
>> Client wanted a swing
>> Client envisioned tree branch, rope, old tire
>>
>> Cartoon depicted
>> What sales sold
>> What engineering designed
>> What OSHA required
>> What etc etc etc ...
>>
>> I need a WEB reference.
>> [Just signed a contract - intended to replace 2 windows and lower
>> kitchen sink to ADA height - predicted cost approaching $20k ;/
>
> google "cartoon swing set" and try the first entry.
>
> Steve

Thanks, but not what I was thinking of.
But your Google search term jogged my mind enough to find
http://www.businessballs.com/treeswing.htm

From: Tim Wescott on
On 06/05/2010 02:29 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
> steveu wrote:
>>> This question is for the elderly
>>> Back in late 60's or early 70's there was a cartoon
>>>
>>> Client wanted a swing
>>> Client envisioned tree branch, rope, old tire
>>>
>>> Cartoon depicted
>>> What sales sold
>>> What engineering designed
>>> What OSHA required
>>> What etc etc etc ...
>>>
>>> I need a WEB reference.
>>> [Just signed a contract - intended to replace 2 windows and lower
>>> kitchen sink to ADA height - predicted cost approaching $20k ;/
>>
>> google "cartoon swing set" and try the first entry.
>>
>> Steve
>>

> Thanks, but not what I was thinking of.
> But your Google search term jogged my mind enough to find
> http://www.businessballs.com/treeswing.htm

I remember that hanging on the wall of my dad's shop when I was growing
up (1970's)

In should hang in view in every employee entryway in every shop
everywhere. Framed versions should be distributed to every department
manager and above, and it should be mandatory to display them where they
see it every time they sit down at their desk.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com
From: steveu on
>steveu wrote:
>>> This question is for the elderly
>>> Back in late 60's or early 70's there was a cartoon
>>>
>>> Client wanted a swing
>>> Client envisioned tree branch, rope, old tire
>>>
>>> Cartoon depicted
>>> What sales sold
>>> What engineering designed
>>> What OSHA required
>>> What etc etc etc ...
>>>
>>> I need a WEB reference.
>>> [Just signed a contract - intended to replace 2 windows and lower
>>> kitchen sink to ADA height - predicted cost approaching $20k ;/
>>
>> google "cartoon swing set" and try the first entry.
>>
>> Steve
>>

>Thanks, but not what I was thinking of.
>But your Google search term jogged my mind enough to find
>http://www.businessballs.com/treeswing.htm

Although slanted specifically to software, the one I pointed to goes nicely
beyond the original in a couple of nice ways. I like the way the customer
was billed. :-)

The version of the original poster that was on the wall in my first job, in
the 70s, must have been a 1000th generation xerox copy. That's popularity.

Steve

From: Richard Owlett on
steveu wrote:

>>> google "cartoon swing set" and try the first entry.
>>>
>>> Steve
>>>
>> Thanks, but not what I was thinking of.
>> But your Google search term jogged my mind enough to find
>> http://www.businessballs.com/treeswing.htm
>
> Although slanted specifically to software, the one I pointed to goes nicely
> beyond the original in a couple of nice ways. I like the way the customer
> was billed. :-)
>
> The version of the original poster that was on the wall in my first job, in
> the 70s, must have been a 1000th generation xerox copy. That's popularity.
>
> Steve

AHH! - you meant
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cartoon+swing+set
not
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22cartoon+swing+set%22

Now I can't reconstruct the search I ended up using. The link I
found doesn't show up with the variations I just tried.