From: SallyP on
Hi ,
I would like to convert my date which is formatted as mm/dd/yy to a text
format but i dont want to change the way the date looks. Currently every time
i convert it to a text the date turns into a number.

Can someone help me please
From: Jim Thomlinson on
=Text(A1, "mm/dd/yy")
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

From: Gord Dibben on
I guess you missed my reply yesterday to your same question.

In a helper column................

=TEXT(A1,"mmmm-dd-yyyy")

You choose the format within the double quotes

Copy and paste special(in place)>values>ok>esc

Delete column A

Or copy and paste special(onto column A)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP