From: Darryl on
I have 100 rows in a column A which are numbered 1 -100 in numical order.
After I filter a particular item in column B which results in 20 rows (and
these 20 item were scattered throughout the column), I would like column A to
show 1 - 20 in numerical order.
From: T. Valko on
Try this...

Assume the data in column B is in the range B2:B1010 with B1 being the
header.

Enter this formula in A2 and copy down to A101:

=SUBTOTAL(3,B$2:B2)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן on
Assuming you have headers in row 1 and the 100 items are in range B2:B101, -
in cell A2 type: =SUBTOTAL(103,$B$2:B2) and copy down along the range.
Try, now, to filter an item in column B.
Micky

"Darryl" wrote:

> I have 100 rows in a column A which are numbered 1 -100 in numical order.
> After I filter a particular item in column B which results in 20 rows (and
> these 20 item were scattered throughout the column), I would like column A to
> show 1 - 20 in numerical order.

Pages: 1
Prev: pivot table
Next: Convert Time