From: ElvisRS on
Hi,

I wanted to ask you if you know any way to measure cpu load caused by
interrupts from network interface? I can get the number of interrupts
from /proc/interrupts file but I can't get the information what is
the
percent of occupancy of the cpu by those. Someone has any idea?

Greg

From: Rick Jones on
ElvisRS(a)gmail.com <elvisrs(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I wanted to ask you if you know any way to measure cpu load caused
> by interrupts from network interface? I can get the number of
> interrupts from /proc/interrupts file but I can't get the
> information what is the percent of occupancy of the cpu by
> those. Someone has any idea?

Presumably CPU profile such as oprofile, Caliper, etc, coupled with a
bit of knowledge of what you want to consider "interrupt" code.

rick jones
There's only yourself. The belief is in your own precision. - Joubert