From: Marc B. on
Hi people,

I have an access form on wish I want to add the feature to crop an image
by selecting an area with the mouse.
I searched for it on net but could not find it for VBA.
Does anybody have an idea?
So far I crop the images over a command line tool (graphicksmagick) but with
defined values not with a selecting area.

Here the same as browser plugin to ive u a better idea what I am looking
for.

http://odyniec.net/projects/imgareaselect/

Thanks for ideas and help

best regards

Marc B

From: adrian1 on
no ideas ^^

From: Stefan Hoffmann on
hi Marc,

On 12.02.2010 08:07, Marc B. wrote:
> I have an access form on wish I want to add the feature to crop an image
> by selecting an area with the mouse.
You need to subclass the form to hook into the mouse messages and do
some Win32 API calls to copy the bitmap...

Subclassing:

http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=278379
http://binaryworld.net/Main/CodeDetail.aspx?CodeId=1909

Drawing a focus rect:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd162479(VS.85).aspx

Capture screen shots:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/210108

You don't need pixie dust, but its almost hard as rocket science ;)

mfG
--> stefan <--
From: tabby on

From: tabby on