From: M.-A. Lemburg on
Waddle, Jim wrote:
> I need to use ctypes with python running on AIX. It appears that python is being developed mostly for windows. Is there a policy concerning getting functions like ctypes working on AIX.

If you can provide patches to get ctypes working on AIX, we'd
consider adding those to the core.

Please file patch or bug describing the problems you are having
on AIX with the tracker:

http://bugs.python.org/

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Jan 26 2010)

http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
From: Antoine Pitrou on

Hello,

> I then figured I would get a new copy of python and install it
> on AIX. I downloaded python.2.5.5c2 from http://www.python.org. I did
> the configure and make which posted many errors in the ctypes function
> which I guess is the reason that is does not get include in the final
> make.

I would suggest two things:
1) try with the latest Python 2.6.x, because 2.5 only receives security
fixes now. 2.6 is the stable branch which receives regular bug fixes
(which includes build problems)
2) if Python 2.6.x also fails compiling, please file a bug report on
http://bugs.python.org

Regards

Antoine.