From: philo on
I have an industrial sensor that I use at work
and can read the values and program it by using Hyperterminal in Windows.

I wanted to see if I could setup a machine with Linux to do the same.

I've used cutecom and can access the device's data
but have not found a way to program it.

In Hyperterminal I initiate the programming by simply hitting <enter>

I can find no way to do the same in cutecom

hitting the <enter> key does not do the trick
From: John Hasler on
philo writes:
> In Hyperterminal I initiate the programming by simply hitting <enter>
> I can find no way to do the same in cutecom hitting the <enter> key
> does not do the trick

Your machine probably wants to see CRLF. You need to change the line
ending in Cutecom. In the lower right you will see a box with "LF end"
in it. Click the arrow and select "CRLF line end".
--
John Hasler
jhasler(a)newsguy.com
From: philo on
John Hasler wrote:
> philo writes:
>> In Hyperterminal I initiate the programming by simply hitting <enter>
>> I can find no way to do the same in cutecom hitting the <enter> key
>> does not do the trick
>
> Your machine probably wants to see CRLF. You need to change the line
> ending in Cutecom. In the lower right you will see a box with "LF end"
> in it. Click the arrow and select "CRLF line end".

Yep

that was all it took

thanks for the fast reply!
From: Baron on
John Hasler Inscribed thus:

> philo writes:
>> In Hyperterminal I initiate the programming by simply hitting <enter>
>> I can find no way to do the same in cutecom hitting the <enter> key
>> does not do the trick
>
> Your machine probably wants to see CRLF. You need to change the line
> ending in Cutecom. In the lower right you will see a box with "LF
> end" in it. Click the arrow and select "CRLF line end".

Aww... I was going to say that. :-)

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
From: philo on
Baron wrote:
> John Hasler Inscribed thus:
>
>> philo writes:
>>> In Hyperterminal I initiate the programming by simply hitting <enter>
>>> I can find no way to do the same in cutecom hitting the <enter> key
>>> does not do the trick
>> Your machine probably wants to see CRLF. You need to change the line
>> ending in Cutecom. In the lower right you will see a box with "LF
>> end" in it. Click the arrow and select "CRLF line end".
>
> Aww... I was going to say that. :-)

Now that I've been using Cutecom I see I have another problem.

To program the device...once I've hit <enter>

I have ten parameters that I need to program sequentially.

Unfortunately the first parameter is simply skipped over and my first
choice is parameter number 2 . In Hyperterminal it starts with number 1
as expected.

stumped again