From: HFLI on
Hi,

I own brought a copy of compaq visual fortran 6.5 in 2002 with a
serial number. I downloaded upgrade 6.6 and 6.6a. It installed and
updated well. In the past years, I have changed computers and
transferred cvf without trouble. Recently, I changed my computer again
(winXP service pack2). I can install cvf6.5 without problem. But I
can't install cvf6.6 update. After telling me what will be updated,
it errors out with the following message:

Unexpected error processing F90.EXE
Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was
found. No update done since file contents do not match.

After click OK, The installer gives updates cancelled massage.

I can't compile fortran code any more. It asks for license server or
license file with I don't have.

I have to uninstall and reinstall cvf 6.5 to make it work.

Any suggestion?

From: dpb on

http://h21007.www2.hp.com/portal/site/dspp/menuitem.863c3e4cbcdc3f3515b49c108973a801/?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN&ciid=6008d7c682f02110d7c682f02110275d6e10RCRD

From: e p chandler on
On Jun 26, 10:23 am, HFLI <hfli...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I own brought a copy of compaq visual fortran 6.5 in 2002 with a
> serial number. I downloaded upgrade 6.6 and 6.6a. It installed and
> updated well. In the past years, I have changed computers and
> transferred cvf without trouble. Recently, I changed my computer again
> (winXP service pack2). I can install cvf6.5 without problem. But I
> can't install cvf6.6 update. After telling me what will be updated,
> it errors out with the following message:
>
> Unexpected error processing F90.EXE
> Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was
>         found. No update done since file contents do not match.

> After click OK, The installer gives updates cancelled massage.
>
> I can't compile fortran code any more. It asks for license server or
> license file with I don't have.
>
> I have to uninstall and reinstall cvf 6.5 to make it work.
>
> Any suggestion?

Perhaps this will help.

http://www.cs-software.com/software/fortran/compaq/cvf_65-66.html

- e

From: HFLI on
Thanks for replaying. I have the updates but can't install them.
From: Alois Steindl on
HFLI <hfli999(a)gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for replaying. I have the updates but can't install them.
Hello,
what's the reason you don't read the hints on the suggested web page?

Alois
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Call fortran in C++ project