From: bm on
I still cannot open a dbx file with notepad and I've selected files which
are only 175KB
At least it does open but consists of an odd selection of characters
Blair

From: Shenan Stanley on
<snipped>

bm wrote:
> I still cannot open a dbx file with notepad and I've selected files
> which are only 175KB
> At least it does open but consists of an odd selection of characters

You can open all sorts of files (including executables) with notepad.
Doesn't mean they are going to look like you expect them to. ;-)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: bm on

"Shenan Stanley" <newshelper(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> <snipped>
>
> bm wrote:
>> I still cannot open a dbx file with notepad and I've selected files
>> which are only 175KB
>> At least it does open but consists of an odd selection of characters
>
> You can open all sorts of files (including executables) with notepad.
> Doesn't mean they are going to look like you expect them to. ;-)
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Now I understand!! I wonder if others understand as well.
All I want to do is check occasionally that my backup is working correctly
by looking at a backup file.
Perhaps I should restore a file to check!
Blair

From: djfixxx on
On Jan 2, 2:51 am, "bm" <Darr...(a)aol.com> wrote:
> I wanted to look at a dbx file and do not now what programme is associated
> with it in order to open the file?
> Blair

Get a copy of Foxpro