From: sami on
I just started having this problem after my monitor freaked out on me day
before yesterday. Now, everytime my PC is restarted, it shows this error
window:
"This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off.
Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown initiated by NT
Authority\System."
and also says below:
"Windows must now restart because the DCOM Server Process Launcher Service
terminated unexpectedly."

Then the PC restarts itself and brings up same window.

I have AVG which has found nothing. I've done all kinds of checks, scans,
etc. with Ad-Aware, Panda, SpyBot, etc. I've made a listing with HiJackThis
but don't know exactly how to read it.
I did a recovery back to Wednesday which didn't fix it.
Is there anyone who really knows what's going on with this? What is causing
this and my PC to keep reastarting. I've found the command that will stop the
restarting..."shutdown -a". It works but this doesn't fix the DCOM problem.
I went in and found the DCOM in Admin. Tools. It was set to Automatic. I
clicked on the Start...not knowing what it does.
Please, I'm looking/needing the correct answer to why this happened and how
to fix this right. Thank you.

From: Michael on
"sami" <sami(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just started having this problem after my monitor freaked out on me day
> before yesterday. Now, everytime my PC is restarted, it shows this error
> window:
> "This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log
> off.
> Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown initiated by NT
> Authority\System."
> and also says below:
> "Windows must now restart because the DCOM Server Process Launcher Service
> terminated unexpectedly."
>
> Then the PC restarts itself and brings up same window.
>
> I have AVG which has found nothing. I've done all kinds of checks, scans,
> etc. with Ad-Aware, Panda, SpyBot, etc. I've made a listing with
> HiJackThis
> but don't know exactly how to read it.
> I did a recovery back to Wednesday which didn't fix it.
> Is there anyone who really knows what's going on with this? What is
> causing
> this and my PC to keep reastarting. I've found the command that will stop
> the
> restarting..."shutdown -a". It works but this doesn't fix the DCOM
> problem.
> I went in and found the DCOM in Admin. Tools. It was set to Automatic. I
> clicked on the Start...not knowing what it does.
> Please, I'm looking/needing the correct answer to why this happened and
> how
> to fix this right. Thank you.

This relates to Windows Update how?
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Michael wrote:
> "sami" <sami(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I just started having this problem after my monitor freaked out on me day
>> before yesterday. Now, everytime my PC is restarted, it shows this error
>> window:
>> "This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log
>> off.
>> Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown initiated by NT
>> Authority\System."
>> and also says below:
>> "Windows must now restart because the DCOM Server Process Launcher
>> Service
>> terminated unexpectedly."
>>
>> Then the PC restarts itself and brings up same window.
>>
>> I have AVG which has found nothing. I've done all kinds of checks, scans,
>> etc. with Ad-Aware, Panda, SpyBot, etc. I've made a listing with
>> HiJackThis
>> but don't know exactly how to read it.
>> I did a recovery back to Wednesday which didn't fix it.
>> Is there anyone who really knows what's going on with this? What is
>> causing
>> this and my PC to keep reastarting. I've found the command that will stop
>> the
>> restarting..."shutdown -a". It works but this doesn't fix the DCOM
>> problem.
>> I went in and found the DCOM in Admin. Tools. It was set to Automatic. I
>> clicked on the Start...not knowing what it does.
>> Please, I'm looking/needing the correct answer to why this happened and
>> how
>> to fix this right. Thank you.
>
> This relates to Windows Update how?

+1