From: Charno on
I have a table/form which i have 2 columns/fields which time is entered.
"DRSR Time" and "Gate Time".
What i'm trying to do is return the value 'Hit' (if the difference between
the 2 times is less than 60 mins) or 'Miss' (if it is greater than 60 mins),
in a 3rd column/field called "adhearance".

Any help would be great,

Thanks

From: Stefan Hoffmann on
hi Charno,

On 05.05.2010 11:33, Charno wrote:
> I have a table/form which i have 2 columns/fields which time is entered.
> "DRSR Time" and "Gate Time".
> What i'm trying to do is return the value 'Hit' (if the difference between
> the 2 times is less than 60 mins) or 'Miss' (if it is greater than 60 mins),
> in a 3rd column/field called "adhearance".
Use DateDiff() in a query to calculate this value when needed:

IIf(DateDiff("n", [DRSR Time], [Gate Time]) > 60, "Miss", "Hit")

E.g.:

http://www.techonthenet.com/access/functions/date/datediff.php

mfG
--> stefan <--
From: RonaldoOneNil on
Set the control source property of your adhearance field to
=IIf(DateDiff("n",[DRSR Time],[Gate Time])<=60,"Hit","Miss")

From: Charno on
I know its a bit of an Access sin, but could the value be returned to the
table?

From: Stefan Hoffmann on
hi Charno,

On 05.05.2010 12:24, Charno wrote:
> I know its a bit of an Access sin, but could the value be returned to the
> table?
Yes, but this makes would allow you to get inconsistent data. Consider
that you have entered time date, inserted this miss/hit flag and the
changed the time data without recalculating it.

Thus you normally use this kind of calculation either in query or in a
field directly.

So you don't need to store it.

mfG
--> stefan <--