From: Betty on
Hi,

If I want a button non-clickable until a link above the button is
clicked(i.e., an legal informational page is viewed then a user can go on to
the next page by clicking the button), how can I implement it?

thanks,
--
Betty
From: mick0987b on
This any good for you?

<%@ Page Language="VB" %>

<script runat="server">

System.EventArgs)
Response.Redirect("nextpage.aspx")
End Sub

Protected Sub LinkButton1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs)
Button1.Enabled = True
End Sub
</script>

<head runat="server">
<title></title>
</head>
<form id="form1" runat="server">

<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server"
onclick="LinkButton1_Click">This is the link, click this first</
asp:LinkButton>

<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Enabled="False"
onclick="Button1_Click"
Text="Button" />
</form>
From: Betty on
Hi Mick,

Thanks for the post. It's very helpful.
--
Betty

From: Cubaman on
On Jul 26, 9:05 pm, Betty <be...(a)newsgroup.nospam> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I want a button non-clickable until a link above the button is
> clicked(i.e., an legal informational page is viewed then a user can go on to
> the next page by clicking the button), how can I implement it?
>
> thanks,
> --
> Betty

You can also achieve the same result using javascript, avoiding
postback an improving user experience.

On link click:

ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(this, "document.getElementById('" +
Button1.ClientId + "').enabled = true;", true);