From: Bill on
Hi,

As I've been writing a long document, it would be helpful to
me to be able to save selected blocks of text to a separate
file. It would also be helpful to be able to print them as
well, and, in a perfect world, to "hide" them from the main
document and then save that.

For a better understanding of this, think about writing
different versions of a paragraph(s). You have to revise
but don't want to loose the other versions, which
you'll need to refer back to later. Saving hundreds of
versions of the whole file is a bit absurd. Being able
to save only the relevant bits would be much more elegant.

To me this would seem to be a natural extension of the
paste command, as in "Paste to File". Perhaps there's
already a way to do this, although Google doesn't yet
know about it.

Thanks,

b.

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org