From: ankita on
i cannot open anything i stick to my computer .my local disk h is missing???????????

Teres wrote:

Lost Local Disc E Help Please
02-Apr-07

I have been trying to view my pictures on my cd and cannot do it. In fact, I
cannot open anything I stick into my computer. I think I figured it out, I
don't have a disc e anymore???????????

I am VERY computer illiterate, but was wondering if somebody could walk me
thru getting it back on. Thanks so much,

Teresa

On Monday, April 02, 2007 1:42 AM
Teres wrote:

Lost Local Disc E Help Please
I have been trying to view my pictures on my cd and cannot do it. In fact, I
cannot open anything I stick into my computer. I think I figured it out, I
don't have a disc e anymore???????????

I am VERY computer illiterate, but was wondering if somebody could walk me
thru getting it back on. Thanks so much,

Teresa

On Monday, April 02, 2007 12:22 PM
Cari \(MS-MVP\) wrote:

What was drive e supposed to be....
What was drive e supposed to be.... a hard drive, an optical drive, another
removable drive?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

On Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:47 AM
lanka venkata appayya dikshitulu wrote:

LOSS of local disc i-con
Earlier when I click my computer the localdisc (e) also was appearing , which was helping to view the inseted disc programme. Please suggest remedy .

On Saturday, July 11, 2009 2:36 PM
Ruslan wrote:

Earlier when I click my computer the localdisc (e) also was appearing , which was helping to view the inseted disc programme. Please suggest remedy .
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Monday, October 05, 2009 7:51 AM
venkatesh Das wrote:

local disc E missing
I am not finding he lacal disc E in my computer programmes

Teres wrote:

Lost Local Disc E Help Please
02-Apr-07

I have been trying to view my pictures on my cd and cannot do it. In fact, I
cannot open anything I stick into my computer. I think I figured it out, I
do not have a disc e anymore???????????

I am VERY computer illiterate, but was wondering if somebody could walk me
thru getting it back on. Thanks so much,

Teresa

Wise For Visual Studio .NET
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/8a6bb372-479f-4cc9-8046-7e626dcb8a86/wise-for-visual-studio-n.aspx

Teres wrote:

Lost Local Disc E Help Please
02-Apr-07

I have been trying to view my pictures on my cd and cannot do it. In fact, I
cannot open anything I stick into my computer. I think I figured it out, I
do not have a disc e anymore???????????

I am VERY computer illiterate, but was wondering if somebody could walk me
thru getting it back on. Thanks so much,

Teresa

ASP.NET: Hamburger, Yes! AJAX, "NOT!", Redux!
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/bf10c5a6-0c8e-4ba9-934d-edb57ab852e3/aspnet-hamburger-yes.aspx

On Monday, October 05, 2009 10:37 AM
RobertVA wrote:

Re: local disc E missing
venkatesh Das wrote:

Right click the "My Computer" Icon and click "Explore" on the resulting
context menu.

If the drive appears in the resulting "Windows Explorer" window, but
does not display the contents of a CD in the drive it MAY indicate a
hardware failure of the laser in the drive. Check to see if the drive is
listed with another letter, since CDs are often "D:" in systems with a
single hard drive. Sometimes drive letters change when external or
removable devices like digital cameras, camera memory chips, USB thumb
drives or external hard drives are added to the computer.

If the drive is not listed at all it MAY indicate one of the following:

Failure of the connection at either end of the two cables connecting a
typical internal CD drive to a tower computer system's motherboard.

Failure of the interface circuitry on the CD ROM drive.

Software problems that sometimes occur when some CD burner software is
uninstalled. Such software might have come with the CD burner to enhance
the use of the drive's CD burning capabilities, especially the use of
CD-RW disks like a slower, but removable, hard drive. Some publishers of
such software have utilities in the customer support section of their
web sites for correcting that particular problem. See Microsoft Help and
Support Article ID: 314060 "Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is
not recognized by Windows or other programs"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060.

WPF Report Engine, Part 4
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5ac799db-385f-431a-8a45-8b37cb7f3186/wpf-report-engine-part-4.aspx
From: Shenan Stanley on
ankita v wrote:
> i cannot open anything i stick to my computer .my local disk h is
> missing???????????

Responding to a three year old conversation in hopes that... uhm... what?
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware/browse_frm/thread/4efd2ed27f0cecc1/
(No worries - looks like someone else waited 2.5 years...)

Why did you have a drive H? What was it (type of media?)

Why do you think you can stick something to your computer and it will just
open it? Is it magnetic? Velcro? Double-sided tape? Something else?
*grin*

What I am saying is that you hitched your horse to an old/dead conversation
and then merely changed the subject line and added some comments that really
did little to explain your situation in any accurate manner.

Help others help you.

Start button --> RUN
(no "RUN"? Press the "Windows Key" + R on your keyboard)
--> type in:
winver
--> Click OK.

The picture at the top of the window that opens will give you the general
(Operating System name and edition) while the line starting with the word
"version" will give you the rest of the story. Post _both_ in response
to this message verbatim. No paraphrasing - instead - ensure
character-for-character copying. That's the edition (in the top picture)
and the exact version number in detail (the 'version' line.)

What version of Internet Explorer are you currently using? Easy to find
out. Open Internet Explorer and while that is in-focus, press and hold
the "ALT" key on your keyboard. With the "ALT" key still pressed, press
(just once, no holding) the "H" key. Now, with the "ALT" key still
pressed, press (just once, no holding) the "A" key. That will bring up
the "About Internet Explorer" window. It will give you the exact version
you are using - repeat what you see there in response to this message.

How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or
64-bit version of the Windows operating system
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

What AntiVirus application are you using? (Name and exact version, please.)
- Was any flavor of "Norton" products ever installed?
- Was any flavor of "McAfee" products ever installed?

Do you have a third party firewall - or are you using the built-in Windows
firewall? (ZoneAlarm or part of some all-in-one suite you have installed?)

Do you ever run any antimalware applications? If so - which ones and when
did you scan with them last (full scan, not quick)? (Things like
SuperAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes.)

What version (if any) of Microsoft Office are you running? XP, 2003, 2007?

What type of media/drive was/is this mysterious "Drive H"?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Pages: 1