From: rvaede on
If I do an ls -al 2006* in a directory how can I find the size of
these files?
I am having trouble combining the two using the du command

From: Ben Bacarisse on
rvaede <rvaedex23(a)gmail.com> writes:

> If I do an ls -al 2006* in a directory how can I find the size of
> these files?
>
> I am having trouble combining the two using the du command

Try "du -hs 2006*" and come back with what it is about the result that
does not suit your needs.

--
Ben.
From: Laurianne Gardeux on
rvaede à écrit :

> If I do an ls -al 2006* in a directory how can I find the size of these
> files?
> I am having trouble combining the two using the du command

or only with du?

du -ch 2006*

LG
From: rvaede on
On May 26, 12:36 pm, Laurianne Gardeux <l...(a)romandie.com> wrote:
> rvaede à écrit :
>
> > If I do an ls -al 2006* in a directory how can I find the size of these
> > files?
> > I am having trouble combining the two using the du command
>
> or only with du?
>
> du -ch 2006*
>
>    LG

How can I check for subdirectories thats my issue?
From: Janis Papanagnou on
rvaede wrote:
> On May 26, 12:36 pm, Laurianne Gardeux <l...(a)romandie.com> wrote:
>> rvaede � �crit :
>>
>>> If I do an ls -al 2006* in a directory how can I find the size of these
>>> files?
>>> I am having trouble combining the two using the du command
>> or only with du?
>>
>> du -ch 2006*
>>
>> LG
>
> How can I check for subdirectories thats my issue?

du(1) will show you the directories only, not ordinary files and such.
But originally you wrote you want to check files and not directories.
Your ls -al 2006* should already show the sizes the file require.
Maybe you want to add the sizes yourself, using

ls -al 2006* | awk '{s+=$5} END{print s}'

If not, it may help if you re-phrase your question (and/or provide some
samples that show what you want to obtain).

Janis