From: David McGlone on
Hi all, could someone show me how to echo back a constant to check if
they are assigned correctly? Something like this:

define('SITE_ROOT', dirname(dirname(__FILE__)));

echo 'SITE_ROOT';

I tried the echo but it wasn't working.

--
Blessings,
David M.

From: "Daniel P. Brown" on
On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 10:58, David McGlone <david(a)dmcentral.net> wrote:
> Hi all, could someone show me how to echo back a constant to check if
> they are assigned correctly? Something like this:
>
> define('SITE_ROOT', dirname(dirname(__FILE__)));
>
> echo 'SITE_ROOT';
>
> I tried the echo but it wasn't working.

To get the assigned value? Drop the quotes.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Dedicated Servers, Cloud and Cloud Hybrid Solutions, VPS, Hosting
From: David McGlone on
On Sat, 2010-08-28 at 11:13 -0400, Daniel P. Brown wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 10:58, David McGlone <david(a)dmcentral.net> wrote:
> > Hi all, could someone show me how to echo back a constant to check if
> > they are assigned correctly? Something like this:
> >
> > define('SITE_ROOT', dirname(dirname(__FILE__)));
> >
> > echo 'SITE_ROOT';
> >
> > I tried the echo but it wasn't working.
>
> To get the assigned value? Drop the quotes.

Thanks Daniel, that was it. I also want to apologize to the list, I
completely forgot about the php manual. Don't ask me how. Maybe old age
setting in. Anyway I realized what I did when another list member
pointed it out to me.

--
Blessings,
David M.