From: Archimedes Plutonium on

> So I think the biggest beneficiary of Geometrical-Probability theory
> is going to be Physics,
> and that mathematics will only look on in curiousity.

There is another aspect to this. Suppose we had just two digits
and tried to apply a Cantor diagonal on 0,1
and we have their sum total digit arrangements as

00 01

10 11

Now apply the diagonal and you quickly see that as you change any
digits and fashion of a
diagonal, that the arrangements exhaust all possible numbers, and
changing anything only yields another number already listed.

This happens to be the case for the permutations as all possible digit
arrangements given a set number of digits and place value.

So the failing or fakeness of the Cantor diagonal method is that it
sounds gullible, it sounds
like it can work, but how oh, how easy most people are fooled. When
you have the permutations of all possible digit arrangements of a set,
no matter if the set is finite or
infinite, that the Cantor Diagonal simply breaks down and falls apart
with all possible digit
arrangements.

Cantor was lulled into the idea that the diagonal can change every
number in a set and come up with a new number not in the original set.
But how can, or should anyone believe this when
you start with a set that has exhausted all possible digit
arrangements? The moment you say-- all possible digit arrangements is
a contradiction to the idea that any sort of diagonal changing
can produce a new number. If we have all possible digit arrangements
preempts any attempt to manufacture a new number.

The Factorial is all possible digit arrangements, and since factorial
goes to infinity, means that Cantor diagonal is very much a fake
technique. It was thought the Earth was flat because
if it were round, people on the other side would fall off. Cantor's
diagonal is the same sort of
mind-rot.

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium/