From: Miro on
I just ran accross something strange.

I tried to used "Div Tags" instead of tables.
So it looks something liket his:

It looks great in Internet Explorer,
but firefox and chrome destroy it.

Can anyone let me know on what to look for within the css or layout of the
divs to make it work proper.
Or in this case...is it just best to go back to tables within 1 div tag.
Like this:

Here is the example aspx if viewd in IE vs ( firefox or chrome ), it looks
proper in IE.
I can post the actual css / html markup but I didn't want to complicate this
first posting.

http://www.companyorange.com/_Play/Canoeing/RequestBooking.aspx
( fyi - the submit button does nothing - as I was just working on the layout
so far ).

But I was under the impression that div tags will work 100% in all browsers
with css.

Thanks for any input.

Miro

From: germ on
looks fine in both IE & FF from here.
Some minor spacing issues but 99% identical

From: Miro on
Strange...

For me it doesnt

The div tags are all over the place for me on firefox and chrome.

I will have to temporarily make the div tags underneith eachother and come
back to it

Thanks,

Miro

From: Patrice on
Doesn't work for me in FF3.5. Seeing the nature of the problems (I see
things I would qualify as tabular data breaking apart), keep in mind also
that tables are not to avoid at all cost. The goal is to avoid them when
doing the overally layout. Here it seems to me that using tables for some
portion would make sense as you seems to have tabular data and tables are
done for that...

Just to be on the safe side as I previously saw some who interpreted the "no
table for general layout" as "no table at all"...

--
Patrice

"Miro" <miro(a)beero.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
OhJa6rtmKHA.1212(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

From: Andrew Morton on
Miro wrote:
> I just ran accross something strange.
>
> I tried to used "Div Tags" instead of tables.
> So it looks something liket his:

> It looks great in Internet Explorer,
> but firefox and chrome destroy it.
>
> Can anyone let me know on what to look for within the css or layout
> of the divs to make it work proper.

If you validate it at http://validator.w3c.org you'll find you have a
</spans> as a typo (extra "s"):

Andrew