From: Brian on
According to the Microsoft downgrade rights document:
Can I downgrade my OEM version of Windows 7 Professional to Windows XP Professional?
For a limited time of 18 months after the general availability of Windows 7 or the release of a Windows 7 Service Pack, whichever is earlier, the OEM license of Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate will include downgrade rights to Windows XP Professional. After that period the OEM license will enable downgrade rights to Windows Vista Business.

My question was pertaining to the above quote. I am wondering how that is to be read? Is it after SP1/18 months you can ONLY downgrade to Vista Business, or you can ALSO downgrade to Vista Business?

I personally have nothing against 7, it just isn't 100% compatible with my hardware (had to do some nasty hacks to get things working half-decently).

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/downgrade-license-7-to-XP