From: Michael Torrie on
On 07/01/2010 08:57 AM, Alan wrote:
> I know drag & drop is not possible with TK.

Is this a Python Tk limitation or a Tk limitation in general? Google
suggests that Tk itself supports some form of dnd.

> Which widget could I use for my
> python application to be able to work with drag & drop?

PyQt will do drag and drop on all platforms. GTK does drag and drop on
Unix/X11, and to a lesser degree Win32--not sure about OS X support. I
believe wxWidgets also does some level of dnd on all platforms.
From: John Posner on
On 7/2/2010 11:20 AM, Michael Torrie wrote:
> On 07/01/2010 08:57 AM, Alan wrote:
>> I know drag& drop is not possible with TK.
>
> Is this a Python Tk limitation or a Tk limitation in general? Google
> suggests that Tk itself supports some form of dnd.
>
>> Which widget could I use for my
>> python application to be able to work with drag& drop?
>
> PyQt will do drag and drop on all platforms. GTK does drag and drop on
> Unix/X11, and to a lesser degree Win32--not sure about OS X support. I
> believe wxWidgets also does some level of dnd on all platforms.

Drag-and-drop *is* quite doable with Tkinter. But it's certainly easier
in PyQt:

self.setFlag(G.QGraphicsItem.ItemIsMovable, True)

You can contact me off-list if you'd like to see a drag-and-drop
application that I first wrote using Tkinter, then reimplemented using PyQt.

HTH,
John
From: jyoung79 on
Hi Alan,

What OS are you running on? And by 'drag and drop' are you meaning you want to drag and drop on a GUI window, or are you wanting a droplet where you can drop your file/folder on the application icon?

Jay