From: Tim Myers on
I have seen people use excel for effectively drawing and highlighting text
and data by coloring cells in a way that results in effect the cells looking
like arrows...I have also seen where this is done in "corners" of these
shadings looking "rounded". Now this isn't done - i don't think - using
lines/borders etc...but I can't figure out how it is done...I don't even
really know what it is called so I can't search for it. I'd attached a
picture to this post - I have one - if I could.

Don't know if this is enough to help me find what I'm looking for in an
example/template...let me know of if I can provide additional explaniation to
help me get there...thanks in advance!
From: Russell Dawson on
If I understand correctly you are talking about inserting shapes (arrows in
your case)

In 2007

On the ribbon select Insert tab - Select illustrations - Shapes - Select
required shape - now when you go to your w/sheet the cursor has turned to +
Click and drag to draw the shape.

In 2003 you need to open the drawing toolbar
--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

From: marysully on
I'm not sure what the effect is you're looking for, but the drawing of arrows
could have been done with the drawing toolbar-> autoshapes -> block arrows;
the arrows can then be shaded with text added.

From: Tim Myers on
thanks folks...but it's not quite right...but follow the attached link to:

http://www.4shared.com/file/238386981/64f326b0/example.html

here's a small snippit of what I want to do...

thanks!

From: marysully on
The picture was very small; the arrows, etc. looked like some type of
symbols. If you go to Insert->Symbols you can insert arrows, etc. and then
format the cells with borders and shading. Just an idea, not sure if that's
what you're looking for.