From: franc sutherland on
On Aug 25, 4:57 pm, "Steve" <notmyem...(a)address.com> wrote:
> Look at my (Steve) post on 8/23/09 and the response by Gigamite. From his
> response you might be able to determine what the problem is.
>
> Steve
>
> "franc sutherland" <franc.sutherl...(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
> > I am using the dynaPDF solution for printing reports to PDF
> > documents.
> > On my own machine using the full Access 2003 it works fine.
> > However, on a client's machine using just A2003 Runtime, it crashes.
> > The "Microsoft Access has encountered a problem",etc dialog box comes
> > up.
> > Is this a problem that other people have come across?
> > Thanks,
> > Franc.

Hi Steve,
I'm afraid I couldn't find your post.
Franc.
From: franc sutherland on
On Aug 25, 5:58 pm, "Albert D. Kallal" <PleaseNOOOsPAMmkal...(a)msn.com>
wrote:
> I used Stephens pdf solution for years with the 2003 runtime and never had a
> problem.
>
> It not 100% clear if you using Stephan's solution, but it have been VERY
> reliable and I can't recall any problems at all with using that pdf
> solution..
>
> I would suggest that you consider testing/trying a different default printer
> on that target machine...see if that helps.
>
> --
> Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
> Edmonton, Alberta Canada
> pleaseNOOSpamKal...(a)msn.com

Hi Albert,
Changing the default printer didn't help. It seemed that it was the
File Dialog box which was causing the problem. When I changed it to a
fixed file location, it worked fine.
Franc.
From: franc sutherland on
On Aug 26, 5:53 pm, "Tony Toews [MVP]" <tto...(a)telusplanet.net> wrote:
> franc sutherland <franc.sutherl...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> >I am using the dynaPDF solution for printing reports to PDF
> >documents.
> >On my own machine using the full Access 2003 it works fine.
> >However, on a client's machine using just A2003 Runtime, it crashes.
> >The "Microsoft Access has encountered a problem",etc dialog box comes
> >up.
> >Is this a problem that other people have come across?
>
> Double check that the VBA code that you're using from Leban's site is the current
> code that goes with the latest DLLs.  Are both DLLs in the same folder as your FE?
>
> Are you passing the routine a legal path and file name with no special characters?  A
> client just reported though that the Lebans solution silently fails which causes the
> users confusion.
>
> Tony
> --
> Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
> Tony's Main MS Access pages -http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
> Tony's Microsoft Access Blog -http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/
> Granite Fleet Managerhttp://www.granitefleet.com/

Hi Tony,
The two DLL files are in the same folder as the FE. It seemed to be
the File Dialog box which was causing it to trip up. When I put the
file location in the code, it worked OK.
I took your suggestion and copied the most recent DLL files from
Stephan Lebans' site, and this has resolved the problem.
I'm a bit lost as to why it stopped working on the runtime version
although it had been working with the previous DLL files for some
time.
It's all working fine now.
Thanks for your help.
Franc.