From: SAM on
Le 5/30/10 5:02 AM, DL a �crit :

> Never mind. I've solved the problem.

and ... what is it ?

if you have a satisfying answer to your question
please give it
From: Jukka K. Korpela on
DL wrote:

> What I intend to do is to give a textarea 60% of a browser window's
> height and width respectively.

Sounds like a CSS question, not JavaScript.

> Here's how my current page look like in a nutshell.

You should post a URL, not snippets of code.

> body { height:100%; widht:100%}

You didn't use the "W3C CSS Validator", did you? It would have told you that
there is no such property as widht.

ObJavaScript: You _could_ modify the style properties of a textarea element
in JavaScript, too, but what would be the point? If you e.g. had event
handlers that check the amount of text in the textarea, you could then
expand it as needed, but this would slow things down and would deviate from
the normal, expected behavior (the appearance of scroll bars and scrolling
behavior when needed) of multiline input fields.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

From: DL on
On May 30, 6:31 am, SAM <stephanemoriaux.NoAd...(a)wanadoo.fr.invalid>
wrote:
> Le 5/30/10 5:02 AM, DL a écrit :
>

> > Never mind.  I've solved the problem.
>
> and ... what is it ?
>
> if you have a satisfying answer to your question
> please give it

Sam,

Good to hear from you. I switched to iframe instead, the solution is
perfect.

And now I have a new js issue (not related), see the following URL if
you could help,
http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?100486-Auto-suggest-IE-Rendering-Issue

Thanks.

Don
From: SAM on
Le 5/30/10 4:53 PM, DL a �crit :

> And now I have a new js issue (not related), see the following URL if
> you could help,
> http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?100486-Auto-suggest-IE-Rendering-Issue

if the function showProj() is in the main page, maybe better with :

<iframe onload="parent.showProj(); ...

--
sm
From: DL on
On May 30, 5:10 pm, SAM <stephanemoriaux.NoAd...(a)wanadoo.fr.invalid>
wrote:
> Le 5/30/10 4:53 PM, DL a écrit :
>

> > And now I have a new js issue (not related), see the following URL if
> > you could help,
> >http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?100486-Auto-suggest-IE-Rend...
>
> if the function showProj() is in the main page, maybe better with :
>
> <iframe onload="parent.showProj(); ...
>
> --
> sm

Thanks for the idea, Sam, but on a second thought, maybe I don't even
use the auto-suggest function for the IE browser when a user first
starts to use the app... it may confused some of these users...

Don