From: tekion on
All,
I am running into issue with easy install error, see error below:
python setup.py easy_install -m 'docutils==0.4'
running easy_install
error: Not a URL, existing file, or requirement spec:
"'docutils==0.4'"

any idea as to why? thanks.
From: tekion on
I am also having another issue with easy_install,
python setup.py easy_install --find-links thirdparty 'docutils==0.4'
running easy_install
error: Not a URL, existing file, or requirement spec:
"'docutils==0.4'"

I think both problem are related. I have setuptool version .6C11
install and I am running python 2.5 on window OS. Is any one else
having similar issue with setuptool version .6C11? Thanks.
From: tekion on

FYI,
I figured out what I was doing wrong. After reading the setuptools
docs, I noticed took out the quotes around the package name and it
works, see details below:
python setup.py easy_install -m docutils==0.4
running easy_install
Searching for docutils==0.4
Best match: docutils 0.4
Processing docutils-0.4-py2.6.egg
Removing docutils 0.4 from easy-install.pth file
Installing rst2html.py script to C:\Python26\Scripts
Installing rst2latex.py script to C:\Python26\Scripts
Installing rst2newlatex.py script to C:\Python26\Scripts
Installing rst2pseudoxml.py script to C:\Python26\Scripts
Installing rst2s5.py script to C:\Python26\Scripts
Installing rst2xml.py script to C:\Python26\Scripts

Using c:\python26\lib\site-packages\docutils-0.4-py2.6.egg

Because this distribution was installed --multi-version, before you
can
import modules from this package in an application, you will need to
'import pkg_resources' and then use a 'require()' call similar to one
of
these examples, in order to select the desired version:

pkg_resources.require("docutils") # latest installed version
pkg_resources.require("docutils==0.4") # this exact version
pkg_resources.require("docutils>=0.4") # this version or higher

Processing dependencies for docutils==0.4
Finished processing dependencies for docutils==0.4

I hope this helps other having the similar issue as me.