From: John Larkin on
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1f011f36-87ae-11df-9f37-00144feabdc0.html

It appears that the Germans, at least, appreciate where they are on
the Laffer curve.

John

From: Tim Wescott on
On 07/04/2010 05:21 PM, John Larkin wrote:
> http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1f011f36-87ae-11df-9f37-00144feabdc0.html
>
> It appears that the Germans, at least, appreciate where they are on
> the Laffer curve.
>
> John

"Register FREE now for increased access"

I.e. -- "give us your email so we can pound you with spam".

No thanks.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

From: Bill Sloman on
On Jul 5, 2:21 am, John Larkin
<jjlar...(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:
> http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1f011f36-87ae-11df-9f37-00144feabdc0.html
>
> It appears that the Germans, at least, appreciate where they are on
> the Laffer curve.

The article doesn't mention the Laffer curve, nor any mention of
manipulating any existing tax rate, beyond saying that they won't be
increasing any of the existing taxes.

The Germans are contemplating a new tax "Berlin hopes to raise €2bn a
year from 2012 with a financial-market transaction tax" which is
probably aimed at putting a damper on the banks tendency to gamble on
market flucuations.

Do tell us how you managed to find a reference to the Laffer curve in
any of this.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

From: dagmargoodboat on
On Jul 4, 7:27 pm, Tim Wescott <t...(a)seemywebsite.com> wrote:
> On 07/04/2010 05:21 PM, John Larkin wrote:>http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1f011f36-87ae-11df-9f37-00144feabdc0.html
>
> > It appears that the Germans, at least, appreciate where they are on
> > the Laffer curve.
>
> > John
>
> "Register FREE now for increased access"
>
> I.e. -- "give us your email so we can pound you with spam".
>
> No thanks.

The page worked for me, once. They let you have one article free like
once a month or something; more than that and you have to sign up.

--
Cheers,
James Arthur
From: Spehro Pefhany on
On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 06:52:01 -0700 (PDT), dagmargoodboat(a)yahoo.com
wrote:

>On Jul 4, 7:27�pm, Tim Wescott <t...(a)seemywebsite.com> wrote:
>> On 07/04/2010 05:21 PM, John Larkin wrote:>http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1f011f36-87ae-11df-9f37-00144feabdc0.html
>>
>> > It appears that the Germans, at least, appreciate where they are on
>> > the Laffer curve.
>>
>> > John
>>
>> "Register FREE now for increased access"
>>
>> I.e. -- "give us your email so we can pound you with spam".
>>
>> No thanks.
>
>The page worked for me, once. They let you have one article free like
>once a month or something; more than that and you have to sign up.

Don't tell anyone, but if you search for the title via google you can
read the article.