From: polishedball on
These ever pop up for sale? any ideas on total production?

http://www.swtpc.com/commodor.htm

From: sjgray on
On Feb 21, 7:42 pm, polishedball <polishedb...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> These ever pop up for sale?  any ideas on total production?
>
> http://www.swtpc.com/commodor.htm

I've seen a handfull in the last couple years appear on ebay. General
range is $500-$900. In particular one went on ebay with "buy-it-now"
of $200, but someone put in a bid, then the price ended up going way
over the original BIN price. No idea how many were made. There are
two styles of Educator... one with monochrome display (I believe the
first incarnation) and one with "grey-scale". They were produced with
returned C64 motherboards, so you never know what you will get.

I have one, which I picked up about a year ago on craigslist.

Steve
From: RobertB on
On Feb 21, 8:07 pm, sjgray <sjg...(a)rogers.com> wrote:

> General range is $500-$900.

Then I got a bargain at $80 (but then I had to pick it
up over 1,000 miles away).

> No idea how many were made.

Well, Larry A'.s E64 and mine were had a number with
1,100+ (I can't remember the exact number right now).
So there were at least 1,100. What number is on yours?

> I have one, which I picked up about a year ago on craigslist.

Yup, mine was advertised on Craigslist.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
The Other Group of Amigoids
http://www.calweb.com/~rabel1/
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network
http://www.sccaners.org
From: Clocky on

"RobertB" <rbernardo(a)iglou.com> wrote in message
On Feb 21, 8:07 pm, sjgray <sjg...(a)rogers.com> wrote:

> General range is $500-$900.

Then I got a bargain at $80 (but then I had to pick it
up over 1,000 miles away).

> No idea how many were made.

Well, Larry A'.s E64 and mine were had a number with
1,100+ (I can't remember the exact number right now).
So there were at least 1,100. What number is on yours?

Knowing Commodore, the serial numbers are probably not sequential and may
not have started at zero so I'm not so sure I would use the serial number to
estimate production numbers.

From: RobertB on
On Feb 21, 8:07 pm, sjgray <sjg...(a)rogers.com> wrote:

> I have one, which I picked up about a year ago on craigslist.

Steve, I forgot to ask... was there a date stamped
on the inside casing of your E64? Larry A.'s had the
date Dec. 25, 1982, and mine had Dec. 15, 1982.

I turned in a very comprehensive article of my journey
to get the E64 to our newsletter editor; the 2-part article
was in the Sept-Oct. 2009 issue and the Jan-Feb. 2010
issue of the Interface.